MetService, together with our international commercial subsidiary MetraWeather, is a global leader in providing innovative weather information services, contributing to the bottom line of businesses and the wellbeing of millions of people around the world.
We operate as a commercially successful, international organisation with more than 240 employees in New Zealand, Australia, Asia and Europe. As MetService within New Zealand and exporting to the world as MetraWeather, the expertise and research of our team of world-class meteorologists and technologists is at the heart of everything we do.
What we do:
It’s easy to take the weather for granted and forget how it can affect many aspects of our lives. Our services:-
- Predict the weather for tomorrow, next week and beyond
- Help keep roads open and planes flying
- Provide severe weather warnings and watches
- Are leading researchers of weather science
- Assist farmers with their crop management
- Supply TV companies and viewers at home with stunning weather shows
- Assist the fishing industry and marine enthusiasts
- Help energy providers to ensure the supply of homes and businesses with heat, light and air conditioning, depending on the seasons
- Help all of us plan our weekend activities
From our base in Wellington, New Zealand, we also provide support to major market sectors such as media, aviation, marine, energy, together with small, medium and large international organisations.
Who we are:
MetService stands for quality, innovation, passion, growth and a strong sense of pride in what we do and who we are.
Our dedicated professionals have a desire to make a difference, providing people and organisations with world class products and services for their particular needs.
We employ talented people from all over the world. New ventures are often steered by our clients needs but also by our desire to provide new and groundbreaking products.
The weather never sleeps and neither does our business. Our services are essential to lives and livelihoods, both domestically and around the world. We therefore operate around the clock, 365 days a year.
Customers appreciate our services because they are based on combining professional meteorological judgement, technologically advanced processes, quality management, and innovation in addressing their requirements.
Hopefully exploring the activities of our company through this site demonstrates these ideals well, but if you have any comments or feedback, feel free to contact us.