Make an enquiry or request
Make an enquiry or report an issue
Before making a request we encourage you to check out the sources of information below, as you may find the information you need is already publicly available on our website or elsewhere:
- Annual Reports
- Statement of Corporate Intent
- Board of Directors (additional information held by the Companies Office
- National Climate Database(managed by NIWA)
- Open Access Data
Please also review our Guidelines for Engagement page which addresses expectations around the use of social media, and the MetService’s policies on privacy and copyright.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting a bug or technical issue
To report a bug or technical issue with metservice.com or a MetService App, email email@example.com with:
- a comprehensive description of your problem,
- your device and/or operating system (eg iOS 10.4 or Windows 10)
- your browser type or app version (eg Google Chrome 65.0.3325.18 or Metservice Rural app v1.0.6). The MetService app version number can usually be found in the left hand menu.
- Where possible, please include screenshots clearly showing the issue.
This will help us to diagnose and fix your problem as quickly as possible.
Getting in touch via social media:
You can ask questions, interact with and share your weather observations with our meteorologists on social media
- @MetService on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetService
- @MetService on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetService
- Follow Severe Weather Info (@MetServiceWARN) on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetServiceWARN for the latest warnings and watches as they're issued
- Share your favourite weather photos with @metservicenz on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/metservicenz
- You can also find out more about MetService, beyond the daily weather story, on LinkedIn.
Making an Official Information Act request
Requests should include your name, your postal address or preferred email address, and specific details of the information you want.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or
Post your request to:
PO Box 722