MetService Marine App
MetService and Maritime New Zealand have joined forces to bring you the MetService Marine weather app, so you can check the latest weather information while you're out and about.
Designed for those heading out fishing or just having some summer fun on the water, the app features:
- opens with today's recreational marine forecast for the default location of your choice - just swipe for all the detail
- forecasts for all New Zealand coastal and recreational marine areas
- severe weather information
- set favourites for your most-used forecast and tide locations
- local tide information for all New Zealand, along with sunrise and sunset times
- Tasman Sea-New Zealand area surface pressure charts
- live regional rain radar and 3-day rain forecast
- upload your own boating photos for each location
- boating safety information
- a link to download the MarineMate mobile app, which gives local boating bylaws and information for most New Zealand regions.
If you'd like more information about using MetService's marine forecasts, check out these helpful blog posts:
Understanding MetService’s Recreational Marine Forecasts
Understanding MetService’s Coastal Marine Forecasts
The Mariners Met Pack is also available right here on our website.