Weather for business
As New Zealand's National Meteorological Service, we know New Zealand weather like no-one else.
MetService weather experts provide comprehensive weather services, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our commercial weather solutions, backed by meteorological expertise, technical innovation and operational excellence, give businesses across New Zealand, and around the world, a competitive edge in the energy, media, transport, resources, industry, infrastructure and retail sectors.
Our commercial services team can help you turn this knowledge into better business decisions and great commercial outcomes.
Our products and services assist:
- Transport authorities and airlines to keep roads safe and planes flying.
- Energy providers to ensure power is available to homes and businesses, regardless of the season.
- TV broadcasters to produce accurate, visually stunning and easy-to-understand weather bulletins.
- Retailers to plan stock levels and logistics ahead of customer demand.
- Regional councils to manage water resources.
- Farmers to plan when to plant and harvest crops and move to stock to shelter.
- Resources companies to manage their planning, monitoring and day-to-day operations.
- Energy traders to make fast and effective trading decisions ahead of the market.
To find out more about our services and how we can help your business, see one of our industry pages, contact us or complete the form below and we'll get back to you.