Weather on your mobile
Stay on top of the weather wherever you are.
Packed with weather info for New Zealand, the MetService apps allow you to access the forecasts that matter to you when you're on the go.
Free to download from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
New Zealand Weather App
- New! Notifications for Red Severe Weather Warnings and Extreme Fire Danger. Learn more.
- Weather forecasts for over 3000 locations, to help you plan your day.
- Automatically see the forecast and observations that are most relevant to you, by enabling location services or choosing your suburb, town or city.
- Customise your weather dashboard and the order of forecast modules.
- 48-hour forecast graphs.
- Severe Weather Warnings and Watches for your location.
- MetService video forecasts.
- Real-time Rain Radar.
- Three-day rain forecast maps.
- Live traffic cameras for urban locations.
- Home Screen Widgets.
Rural Weather App
- Ten-day regional forecasts for 29 rural regions.
- Severe weather information.
- Two-hourly wind, temperature and rainfall forecasts for the next 48 hours.
- Rain radar (updated every 7.5 minutes).
- Three-day and Five-day rainfall forecast imagery.
- Latest MetService TV Rural Outlook video.
- Daily past weather for the last seven days.
Marine Weather App
- Opens to the latest recreational marine forecast for the location of your choice.
- Forecasts for all New Zealand Coastal and Recreational marine areas.
- Severe Weather Information.
- Set favourites for your most-used forecast and tide locations.
- Local tide information for all New Zealand.
- Tasman Sea-New Zealand area surface pressure charts.
- Live regional rain radar and three-day rain forecast.
- Upload your own boating photos for each location.
Please send us your feedback about anything not functioning correctly, or any questions or ideas you have about any of these apps.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of any screens/functions not working properly (including screenshots if possible). We may not respond to all emails, but we’ll do our best to address any problems and your feedback is greatly appreciated.